SHRM VS CIPD Certificates in Saudi Arabia
Written By : Bakkah
2 May 2023
In this article, we define and differentiate between the two most important international institutions in the field of human resources management. The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) UK, and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) in USA.
We will also give details of the advantages of working with them inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Both institutions provide internationally recognized certifications for managing and developing activities related to the people profession, each of them has their own standards that fit the nature of the profession and are flexible and agile to the needs of an evolving people profession.
Professionals seek to gain certification from an internationally recognized organization as well as develop knowledge and experience they will obtain by attending one of the CIPD programs.
What is CIPD?
CIPD is an abbreviation for Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. CIPD is working in Wimbledon, London, UK, and was formed in 1913. In 2013, the CIPD announced a renewed focus on its core purpose and defined this as 'championing better work and working lives. it is considered the largest management body in Europe developing people professionals globally, with more than 150,000 members working in 120 countries around the world.
What are the Levels of the CIPD Certificate?
There are several internationally recognized qualifications available from the CIPD from level 3 foundation, Level 5 Intermediate, and Level 7 Advanced.
- CIPD Level 3 Diploma in Human Resource Practice.
- CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Human Resource management.
What is SHRM?
SHRM is an abbreviation of the Society for Human Resources Management, it’s an institution that was founded in 1948 in the united states by a group of only 28 people, and now it is considered the strongest global reference for human resources organizations. The number of its members exceeds 275,000 and it spreads in more than 160 countries around the world, the Association offers all the resources that serve HR professionals and distinctive practices for human resources management, and it has more than 575 offices in the United States of America, China, India, and the United Arab Emirates.
SHRM believes that professional human resources can achieve the aims and strategies of the organization through their experience and expertise. In order to achieve that, these human resources must be developed and made use of their capacity.
What are the Levels of The SHRM Certificate
You can get a certification from Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) in the USA in one of the following titles:
- SHRM CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL (SHRM-CP).
- SHRM SENIOR CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL (SHRM-SCP).
SHRM VS CIPD in Saudi Arabia
- Getting any certificate from these two institutes is significant in hiring, but the views and opinions differ about which are the best. However, there may be some cases where a person can decide which field to choose based on a career path, and development of specialist areas, for example, Talent Planning, Improving Organisational Performance. The existence of several sub-areas where you can get accredited certificates that cover broad areas of the people profession, where we find that the majority of CIPD certificate holders are looking to develop a broad understanding and development of skills and knowledge related to the people.
- The CIPD is considered more flexible than SHRM which focuses on human resources management according to US laws.
- The CIPD does not require substantial experience to attend foundation or intermediate programs which is considered an advantage for those who have little experience, in order to get internationally recognized certificates and develop themselves.
Individuals' salaries level of CIPD or SHRM in Saudi Arabia The average annual income in Saudi Arabia, for those who has CIPD degree.
- With an experience of 1-4 years, it’s up to 159,966 Saudi Riyals.
- With an experience of 5-9 years, it’s up to 240,546 Saudi Riyals.
- With an experience of 10-19 years, it’s up to 357,178 Saudi Riyals.
The average annual income in Saudi Arabia, for those who has SHRM degree.
- With an experience of 1-4 years, it’s up to 145,000 Saudi Riyals.
- With an experience of 5-9 years, it’s up to 168,000 Saudi Riyals.
- With an experience of 10-19 years, it’s up to 258,000 Saudi Riyals.
To conclude, we can say that each institution or individual has their own situation, in which they can decide how they wish to become professionally qualified in the people profession generally, it has become a must to get an international certification in order to work in the market of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and develop clear skills and competencies linked to the Vision 2030 and the broader development of the Kingdom.
Bakkah introduces training in:
- CIPD Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Human Resources Practice
- CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Training Courses
Read more about Human Resources Certificates:
Bakkah team for training and consulting