Management of Portfolios MoP®
The Management of Portfolios MoP ® guidance provides advice & examples of how to apply principles, practices, and techniques that help optimize an organization’s investment in change alongside its Business as Usual (BAU) work.
The Management of Portfolios MoP certification scheme has been developed to offer two levels of certification, Foundation, and Practitioner.
The purpose of the Portfolio Management Foundation certification is to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding to work as an informed member of a Portfolio Office or in a range of portfolio management roles. The Foundation certification is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner certification.
The purpose of the Management of Portfolios Practitioner certification is to confirm whether you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor the MoP guidance and to analyze portfolio data, documentation, and roles in relation to a scenario situation.
A successful Practitioner candidate should, with suitable support, be able to advise on the implementation of appropriate practices and techniques, and apply the method to a live portfolio, but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Their individual expertise, the complexity of the portfolio, and the support provided will also influence the impact the MoP Practitioner can achieve.
The Management of Portfolios MoP course is aimed at those involved in a range of formal & informal portfolio management roles encompassing investment decision-making, project and program delivery, and benefits realization. It is relevant to all those involved in the selection and delivery of business change initiatives including:
- Members of Management Boards and Directors of Change
- Senior Responsible Owners (sros)
- Portfolio, Programme, Project, Business Change and Benefits managers
- Business case writers and
- Project appraisers
- 5 Days
- Exam Simulation
- Group Activity (Break-out Session) after each lesson
- Practice Test
- Access to additional References – Glossary/ Recommended Reading/ Syllabus
- Material language will be in English
Exam & Certification
Management of Portfolios MoP Exam Prerequisite
- To take the MoP Practitioner examination, you must hold a current MoP Foundation certificate.
Portfolio Management Exam Format
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book
- Objective testing format
- Four questions per paper with 20 marks available per question - all question items will be worth one mark, making the total number of marks available per paper 80
- Open book exam. Candidates may use the official printed hard copy of the Management of Portfolios MoP guide. The manual may be annotated and tabulated but no sticky notes and loose-leaf papers containing additional notes will be allowed.
Management of Portfolios MoP Certifications
You must pass the Foundation exam before the Portfolio Management Practitioner exam, either on the same day or separately. If you have previously passed the Foundation exam, you qualify to sit the Practitioner exam without needing to re-sit the Foundation.
If you sit the Portfolio Management Foundation exam only, and pass, you will receive a Foundation examination certificate. However, if you sit both the Management of Portfolios Foundation and Practitioner exams on the same day, and pass both, you will receive a Practitioner examination certificate only.
- Introduction about portfolio management
- Portfolio management definitions
- The portfolio management model
- The benefits of portfolio management
- Portfolio management misconceptions
- Portfolio management and strategic and business planning
- Portfolio management and budgeting and resource allocation
- Portfolio management and program and project management
- Portfolio management and performance management
- Portfolio management and corporate governance
- Portfolio management and corporate functions
- Introducing the portfolio management principles
- Portfolio management principle 1: senior management commitment
- Portfolio management principle 2: governance alignment
- Portfolio management principle 3: strategy alignment
- Portfolio management principle 4: portfolio office
- Portfolio management principle 5: energized change culture
- Introduction to the portfolio management cycles
- Why do organizations implement portfolio management?
- If there is no defined start, how should portfolio management be implemented?
- Planned vs Ad-hoc Approaches
- How is progress sustained?
- Why do organizational energy link the portfolio management cycles?
- portfolio management cycles
- Portfolio definition cycle
- Portfolio delivery cycle
- Portfolio management practice 1: understand
- Portfolio management practice 2: categorize
- Portfolio management practice 3: prioritize
- Portfolio management practice 4: balance
- Portfolio management practice 5: plan
- Portfolio management practice 6: management control
- Portfolio management practice 7: benefits management
- Portfolio management practice 8: financial management
- Portfolio management practice 9: risk management
- Portfolio management practice 10: stakeholder engagement
- Portfolio management practice 11: organizational governance
- Portfolio management practice 12: resource management
No, there is no prerequisites for this course.
Yes, it is accredited from PeopleCert on behalf of Axelos.
This course is available only for online.
No, but you have the option to add an exam voucher to your registration.
- Foundation: 40 minutes duration
- Practitioner: 3 Hours
Exam results will be announced within 2 business days after the candidate’s answers are officially submitted to us by the exam supervisor. In case you have received an email from PeopleCert informing you that there are pending actions from your side, please make sure that you complete the actions for the exam results to be issued.
Passing Criteria is 50%.
Yes, you can retake it. PeopleCert offers the Take2exam re-sit service at an affordable price
- You can purchase it along with the exam.
- If you succeeded, TAKE2 fees is nonrefundable.
- If you failed, you could take another chance using TAKE2.
Rescheduling an online exam up to 48 hours before its start time is free. For more details about exam scheduling and rescheduling, please review PeopleCert's FAQs.
Yes, you can get your hard copy Certificate. You need to order your hard copies through the PeopleCert Account with standard or courier delivery.
The dispatch and delivery times are below:
Standard Delivery (dispatched within 3-5 business days)
- 4-6 weeks - Europe
- 6-8 weeks - Rest of the world (exc. Europe)
Courier Delivery (dispatched within 1-2 business days)
- Delivered in up to 5 business days
Bakkah has an array of certified practitioners with several years in teaching.
Online classes are delivered using our Learning Management System (LMS). We provide access to pre-course reading, pre-post assessment, chapter exercises, practice test, case studies and to additional references Glossary/Recommended Reading in our LMS.
Yes, there are group activities after each lesson where you can interact with other online students.
Save your priceless time and efforts
Bakkah offers all what you need in one place
Flexibility in Learning
Flexibility what distinguishes us! Choose your option to learn whenever and wherever you are
Our partners of success are all globally identified as masters in their fields
Our payment policy ensures money refund within a specific duration if requested
10+ years of experience
Our experience in building capabilities gave us deep knowledge in delivering great learner experience