Employee & HR Department Assessment
Written By : Bakkah
2 Feb 2020
One of the most important processes to keep your HR department healthy is to assess the department regularly. This assessment can be the only way to determine whether HR needs, duties, aptitude are being met and achieved in an organization. Many organizations make such assessments internally, however, you will likely get better and more objective results if you outsource an outside organization to do it for you. The main aim of this assessment is to identify the strength and weakness points in the organization, to see where the HR department achieve successes and where it needs some improvements. There are several types of assessments depending on why it’s conducted. Compliance, Strategic, and Function-specific are some of the more common types. Compliance focuses on whether the organization’s complying with laws and regulations, while Strategic reveals the strengths and weaknesses of policies and processes and their alignment with the organization’s strategic plan. Function-specific assesses specific areas in the HR function. Conducting a holistic departmental assessment requires a lot of resources. Many organizations cannot go through such a process more than once a year. Therefore, organizations must adopt conducting mini-assessments that consider auditing a specific area in a specific timely manner. In addition, it’s highly recommended to conduct an assessment following an important event or applying the new change in the organization to see its impact on the organization. The process of conducting an assessment includes many steps, these steps can be summarized in the following:
- Determine the scope and type of assessment
- Analyze data and benchmark the results
- Give feedback on the findings
- Apply changes and foster improvements
In order to gain a good competitive position, you must first and foremost maintain your talented employees. PCMM is one of the most effective solutions for improving the capabilities of the company’s employees, thus improving the quality of the work done by them and achieving the greatest benefit for the company and its competitive position. PCMM is a tool used to help organizations feature the maturity of their workforce practices, establish a platform for workforce development, set a schedule for improvement actions, integrate workforce development with process improvement, and establish a culture of distinction. The five stages (levels) of PCCM are initial, repeatable, defined, managed, and optimized. All business executives know that the ability to attract, develop, organize, motivate, and retain talented people, is a main requirement of achieving a good competitive position. We at Bakkah have the experience in both employee and HR department assessment and we can support you to achieve the required results. The key benefits of employee & HR department assessment are:
- Help an organization to know whether its HR practices facilitate or contradict with its business goals.
- Inform employees whether their performance is acceptable or not, and make them aware of the weakness points in their performance.
- Reveal the reasons behind the poor performance of the employees.
- Help in the planning the professional development processes of the employee.
- Measure the employee’s readiness to move or upgrade, and the bonus or salary increase can be decided consequently.
- Improve productivity in the department since every employee knows that there will be an assessment of his performance.